This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information that we collect about you when you:
- use this website;
- provide your business contact details as an employee of one of our customers;
- order a product or a service from us ;
- contact us to make a complaint;
- attend an event organised by us;
- take part in a competition; or
- contact us directly for another purpose.
Igniyte Limited (company number 06830265) (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped as follows:
- Contact data includes name, address, email address, and telephone numbers;
- Financial data includes bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction data includes details of services you have purchased from us including details of payments and recordings of telephone calls;
- Technical data includes IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites; and
- Profile data includes purchases made by you, your personal circumstances, your interests and preferences.
Why will we use the information about you?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data when:
- we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us on the details set out in the ‘How can I get my name removed from a website mailing list’ section below.
How will we use the information about you?
We may use the information that you provide or that is obtained by us for the following purposes:
- to contact you during our relationship with our clients or potential clients;
- to register you with our website and to administer the website services;
- to invite you to attend an event;
- for training purposes;
- to improve the quality of our customer service;
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer;
- if you agree, to send you information about services of ours you may be interested in;
- for the prevention and detection of crime, including fraud.
How long will you keep my information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Will we share your information?
We may give information about you, under conditions of confidentiality, to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees or agents of ours to administer or improve any accounts and services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- to our advisors on a sale or merger of all or part of our business, and to the new owners of that business.
You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. These include rights to:
- request access to your personal data;
- withdraw consent to processing at any time;
- ask for correction of any inaccurate information;
- ask us to delete personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- ask us to complete incomplete data;
- object to or restrict processing, in specific circumstances;
- be notified of a personal data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms;
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- in limited circumstances, receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at the address below in the ‘How to contact us’ section.
How can I get my name removed from a website mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, or have us delete your details from our database, please send an email [marketing email address] detailing your request. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
Please be aware that our websites may include links to third party websites. Clicking on those links may allow those third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control those websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Igniyte, No 1 Aire Street, Leeds, LS1 4PR, UK
Email: [email protected]