Online reviews have the potential to impact on company profitability. Negative reviews and comments are affecting over half of UK businesses, as revealed in Igniyte’s Business of Reviews report.
As more consumers use review sites to express frustration and dissatisfaction with a service or product, review sites are increasingly becoming the most influential and authoritative research tools online.
We advise companies and brands of best practice review management adhering to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008), the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) guidance and the Advertising Standards Authority guidelines.
In 2015, Igniyte was asked to help with a CMA investigation into fake online reviews and paid endorsements, you can read the investigation report in full here.
Here’s what we help companies with:
- Advising when and how to challenge reviews
- The legal options available to deal with sites hosting contentious content
- Training and advice to help promote a positive review strategy
- Knowledge of how and when to respond to reviews
- Best practice for dealing with popular review sites such as TripAdvisor, Review Centre, TrustPilot and Glassdoor.